(com)motion light

i want to measure
the things that fill me with rage
and layer them
like ingredients
in a pan baked at 360.

when the oven smokes,
i want to burn myself
as I reach in
without protection,
like a stupid monkey looking
for a reward.

i eat too quickly
while food is still hot,
burning the roof of my mouth
into soft blisters.

in the middle of night
i ask myself questions
that only a genius can answer,
while my cat licks
the hair around her butthole.

i am just a dumb cunt
trying to write
poems that'll make people
like me, but unbeknownst
to them

i don't like anyone anymore,
ever since covid
ever since coerced vax-nation
ever since politics made people
cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

i live in solitude,
surrounded by cats and guns
ready for fun-
when lunatics get let loose
in straight jackets.

i used to be cool dude
before shit went wild,
but now my fingers form
two clenched fists

wanting to punch
every goddamn thing that triggers
my motion light.



Comments