DJI Mavic Drone

I still remember the joy
of being picked and purchased,
being removed from the shelf
where the rest of them remained.
That look on their faces
as your hand reached in
and chose me. Me!!!
Of all the drones, I was set free!

I still remember the day
you pulled me from my box
and removed the plastic wrap
and tape from all my pieces.
It was a quick assembly,
and I was impressed
by how adept you were
at getting me in the air.

I was delighted
to be controlled by you,
but then...

I remember the first time
you hung a grenade from my belly,
and flew me over
the warzone of Ukraine,
targeting terrified soldiers
who were curled in trenches
like trapped cattle.
I remember the quick whistle
it made as the grenade
dropped to earth,
obliterating legs and limbs.

I still remember.

Comments