People Still Click On Me?

Trying to write a poem
with a smile on my face.
Emoji-jacked
heart attack -  -  -  good God
it's getting hot
in the window
my
cat
is
sleeping in.
Paper and pen,
write something again.
I push it..
I push it real good.
What if I fall in love tomorrow?
What if I start to mimic
the poets who died
without ever reaching
a final resting place?

Trying to write a poem
while listening to Lana Del Rey
singing about
the next best American record.
Her voice moves
like California palm trees-
Goddamn, man
my poetry feels stuffed
inside the cushiony feeling
her voice makes.
My
cat
just
jumped
to a cooler climate,
and now I'm writing a poem
about how she left me
for something - - - good, God
what have I done
to become
this thing you love to read?

People still click on me.

Comments