superbeast

i stopped by a winery
on my way home from work--
decided to stock up
on stuff i never drink,
now here i am
two bottles into
a night that feels like closet sex
with a broom
and a shy girl named Matilda.

i am Benicio
before becoming the Wolf.
i feel this thing inside me growing
larger-          wanting to rip through
frail skin.
it needs to breathe--
it needs to feed--
it needs to die--

semi-dry
riesling wine tastes like white
grapes with a kick
            -i think i like it.

yesterday, i took my gun into the backyard-
fired randomly at t-t-trees
while waiting for
the shadow that hangs over me
to reach 3 o'clock.

it felt like forever.

God got bored
and bang-bang'd his back
while crashing a tree
behind me...
i think he's plotting to kidnap
the next sunrise.

i hate inanimate objects
more than wine,
but sometimes
they grow on me...
i say
as i open
a third bottle
and pour almost
half of it into a red solo cup.
i guess now i'm a wino
with a bad case
of the blues,
and a penchant for
sophisticated self destruction.



Comments